“Addio Dubai”, di Franca Colozzo

“Addio Dubai”, di Franca Colozzo


An excerpt from my second novel: "Goodbye DUBAI" for the literary competition 2019http://nanowrimo.com
My dream began at the Sheikh Zayed Mosque mosque in Abu Dhabi where I shot a video of my own in pursuit of my hobby passions:


"I saw myself again inside, with that dreamy look that I had that day, happy and carefree as only perhaps youth can be and with the thought elevated towards God, whatever he was beyond all belief and all religious barriers. I saw myself wandering through the large rooms with inlaid floors of arabesques and colored marbles, coming from the most disparate places in the world, even from India and Italy. I turned, as if following dance steps, and felt so light as to escape the force of gravity to fly and admire from above those immense spaces. A grain of divine sand descends to the earth every time architecture, painting or music intone those magical and creative notes, which lead us to think that in the end the soul is nothing more than this: a point of conjunction with the divinity.
There was background music accompanying my levitation, like a harp playing from the most remote regions of the cosmos. So I thought, in a moment of instant rationality, that it was a sort of communication between us and the superior being, of which we thought we knew everything, but of which we ignored the true identity. 
Suddenly I saw two people materialize in the air as if they had come out of the arabesque ceilings with floral motifs (in Islam it is absolutely forbidden to draw human figures, nor representations of God!).
They watched me from the vault as I hovered on the floor. Then they approached me and gave me a green book with gold writing. At first glance I understood that it was the Qur’an. I took it very gently from the hands of the two strange messengers and opened it at random. The same words that had appeared to me in a dream when I was in Italy bounced off my eyes. I was shocked, but I tried not to let it slip through my fingers in amazement. I looked up at the exact spot where I had seen the two, perhaps angels, appear, but they had already disappeared, vanishing into the air.

Suddenly, I found catapulted outside the mosque where there were magnificent fountains in which the arches of the facade seemed to be reflected. A long portico ran all around with the slender ogives and I saw myself reflected in the water, but not as I was now, but as I had presumably been in the other life or in other hypothetical lives. A young girl with more oriental features looked at me from the inside of the water mirror; much younger than me, she was talking to me or so she seemed from the slight movement of her lips, but I could not hear her voice that resembled the gurgling of a mountain spring. 
"Who are you?" I asked her in a trembling voice.
"I am yourself. Can't you see me? She replied, hinting at a slight smile.
In truth, I didn't see anything like me in the features of her face, except for her big brown-green eyes.
She then began to tell me with a clear and vibrant voice that she had lived in Saudi Arabia many years before and was married to a young local sheikh. She lived near Mecca and often went to visit that holy place. One day she found herself face to face with a young Arab who had come out of nowhere. Almost a sign of destiny she thought since, not having had children from her eldest husband, this man appeared to her with angelic features. 
Inside, normally accessible only to the most illustrious personalities who have custody, the Kaʿba houses a well, called al-Akhsaf or al-Akhshaf, which once very far, before the arrival of Islam and when many idols were still worshipped, was intended to collect the blood of sacrificial victims, in addition to preserving the treasure of divinity. The roof was supported by three columns, placed at regular intervals between them.
I was aware, despite that hallucination, that it was a sleep. At one point, however, the young man pushed me to himself and kissed me on the lips. Everything suddenly turned around me as if I had been thrown into a circle of hell. I felt like I was falling into the bottom of a giant funnel and found myself on the ground, soaked in sweat. At that precise moment the temple guardians arrived and cried out to the sacrilege because I had violated the rules on the inviolability of the sacred place.
My husband, who was wandering around and was intent on looking for me outside the fence, could not counter the verdict of the stoning of blasphemous women. In addition, I was found half-naked and my abaya was reduced to a small black pile near the well.
I told my astonished husband about the adventure I had experienced and tried to inform others of it, but my stories, my entreaties and my pleas were worthless. The Saudi king was inflexible and, without his grace, no judge would be moved to pity for me. The day of my stoning was thus fixed, and to me, weeping, was granted the only grace to choose a quick death by selecting large stones. So it was that I was taken to a nearby place and put to strength in a hole dug in the earth by some strong men. Then, amidst the jubilation of the crowd praising my punishment, I was sacrificed in the name of an unknown angel coming down from heaven who had not moved a finger to save me.
So the girl told me all in one breath, always submerged in water and whose voice strangely reached my ear. The incredible presence, reflected image of myself coming from another temporal dimension, and her story disappeared when I woke up high from a noise coming from the window.
A large winged bird, perhaps a raptor escaping from a cage, had stopped on top of the window sill by beating its wings against the glass. I looked at him astounded by the concomitance of so many strange circumstances that were occurring almost in a nightmare.
The voice of the dream girl ran to meet me through the room telling me to commit myself, with a number of devotions equal to five times a day, in Ṣalāt, or in the typical prayer of a Muslim devotee, turning my face towards the sanctuary of Kaʿba or towards the exact point, called absolute Qibla, between the mizāb and the northern corner.
In that dream I read all the anxieties and fears that had accompanied me during my childhood and beyond in adolescence. Finally I had the key to reveal a whole world submerged in my soul and that, emerging, had clarified my path and stubbornness to go to that country.
"So destiny exists!" I thought or at least many past lives that magmatic influence our present and future actions."...

Un estratto del mio secondo romanzo: "Addio Dubai" per il concorso letterario 2019 http://nanowrimo.com
Il mio sogno è iniziato alla moschea di Sheikh Zayed ad Abu Dhabi dove ho girato un mio video alla ricerca delle mie passioni hobby:

" Mi sono visto di nuovo dentro, con quello sguardo da sogno che avevo quel giorno, felice e spensierato come solo forse la gioventù può essere e con il pensiero elevato verso Dio, qualunque cosa fosse oltre ogni credo e tutte le barriere religiose. Mi sono visto vagare tra le grandi stanze con pavimenti intarsiato di arabeschi e marmi colorati, provenienti dai luoghi più disparati del mondo, anche dall'India e dall'Italia. Mi sono girato, come se seguendo passi di danza, e mi sono sentito così leggero da sfuggire alla forza di gravità per volare e ammirare dall'alto quegli spazi immensi. Un granello di sabbia divina scende sulla terra ogni volta che l'architettura, la pittura o la musica intonano quelle note magiche e creative, che ci portano a pensare che alla fine l'anima non è altro che questo: un punto di congiunzione con la divinità.
C ' era musica di sottofondo che accompagna la mia levitazione, come un'arpa che suona dalle regioni più lontane del cosmo. Così ho pensato, in un momento di razionalità istantanea, che fosse una sorta di comunicazione tra noi e l'essere superiore, di cui abbiamo pensato di sapere tutto, ma di cui abbiamo ignorato la vera identità.
All'improvviso ho visto due persone materializzare nell'aria come se fossero uscite dai soffitti arabesque con motivi floreali (nell'Islam è assolutamente vietato disegnare figure umane, né rappresentazioni di Dio! ).
Mi hanno guardato dal caveau mentre ho sul pavimento. Poi mi hanno avvicinato e mi hanno dato un libro verde con scrittura oro. Al primo sguardo ho capito che era il Corano. L ' ho presa molto dolcemente dalle mani dei due strani inviati e l'ho aperta a caso. Le stesse parole che mi erano apparsi in un sogno quando ero in Italia mi sono rimbalzato dagli occhi. Sono rimasto scioccato, ma ho cercato di non lasciarlo scivolare tra le dita con stupore. Ho guardato in alto il punto esatto in cui avevo visto i due, forse gli angeli, ma erano già scomparsi, evanescente nell'aria.

All'improvviso, mi sono ritrovato catapultato fuori dalla moschea dove c'erano magnifiche fontane in cui gli archi della facciata sembrava riflessa. Un lungo portico corso in giro con le sottili ogives e mi sono visto riflesso nell'acqua, ma non come ero ora, ma come ero probabilmente stato nell'altra vita o in altre ipotetiche vite. Una giovane ragazza con caratteristiche più orientali mi ha guardato dall'interno dello specchio d'acqua; molto più giovane di me, mi stava parlando o così sembrava dal leggero movimento delle sue labbra, ma non riuscivo a sentire la sua voce che somigliava alla gorgoglio di una primavera di montagna.
" Chi sei?" Le ho chiesto con voce tremante.
" Io sono te stesso. Non riesci a vedermi? Lei rispose, suggerendo un leggero sorriso.
In verità, non ho visto niente di simile a me nei lineamenti del suo viso, tranne i suoi grandi occhi marrone-verde.
Ha poi iniziato a dirmi con una voce chiara e vibrante che aveva vissuto in Arabia Saudita molti anni prima ed era sposato con un giovane Sheikh locale. Ha vissuto vicino alla Mecca e spesso andava a visitare quel luogo santo. Un giorno si è trovata faccia a faccia con un giovane arabo che era uscito dal nulla. Quasi un segno del destino che ha pensato da quando, non avendo avuto figli dal marito maggiore, quest'uomo le è apparso con caratteristiche angelico.
All'interno, normalmente accessibile solo alle personalità più illustri che hanno la custodia, il Kaʿba ospita un pozzo, chiamato al-Akhsaf o al-Akhshaf, che un tempo molto lontano, prima dell'arrivo dell'Islam e quando molti idoli erano ancora adoravano, era destinato a raccogliere il sangue delle vittime sacrificio, oltre a preservare il tesoro della divinità. Il tetto era supportato da tre colonne, posto ad regolare frequenza tra di loro.
Ero consapevole, nonostante quell'ossessione, che era un sonno. Ad un certo punto, però, il giovane mi ha spinto verso se stesso e mi ha baciato sulle labbra. All'improvviso tutto si è girato intorno a me come se fossi stato gettato in un cerchio dell'inferno. Mi sentivo come se stessi cadendo nel fondo di un tunnel gigante e mi fossi ritrovato per terra, intriso di sudore. In quel preciso istante i guardiani del tempio sono arrivati e hanno urlato al sacrilegio perché avevo violato le regole sull'inviolabilità del luogo sacro.
Mio marito, che era in giro ed era intento a cercare me fuori dal cancello, non poteva contrastare il verdetto della lapidazione di donne blasfemo. Inoltre, sono stato trovato mezzo nuda e il mio abaya è stato ridotto a un piccolo pila nero vicino al pozzo.
Ho raccontato a mio marito l'avventura che avevo vissuto e ho cercato di informare gli altri, ma le mie storie, le mie preghiere e le mie preghiere erano senza valore. Il re saudita è stato inflessibile e, senza la sua grazia, nessun giudice sarebbe commosso per pietà per me. Il giorno della mia lapidazione è stato così fissato, e a me, piangendo, mi è stata data l'unica grazia di scegliere una morte veloce selezionando grandi pietre. Così fu che sono stato portato in un posto vicino e messo a forza in un buco scavato nella terra da alcuni uomini forti. Poi, in mezzo al tripudio della folla lodando la mia punizione, sono stato sacrificato in nome di un angelo sconosciuto che scende dal cielo che non aveva mosso un dito per salvare me.
Così la ragazza mi ha detto tutto in un solo respiro, sempre sommerso d'acqua e la cui voce stranamente ha raggiunto il mio orecchio. L ' incredibile presenza, immagine riflessa di me stessa proveniente da un'altra dimensione temporale, e la sua storia è scomparsa quando mi sono svegliato in alto da un rumore proveniente dalla finestra.
Un grande uccellino alato, forse un Raptor in fuga da una gabbia, si era fermato sopra il cornicione della finestra con le sue ali contro il vetro. L ' ho guardato stupito dalla concomitanza di così tante strane circostanze che stavano accadendo quasi in un incubo.
La voce della ragazza dei sogni corse a trovarmi attraverso la stanza dicendo di commettere, con una serie di devozioni uguali a cinque volte al giorno, a Ṣalāt, o nella preghiera tipica di un devoto musulmano, girando la mia faccia verso il santuario di Kaʿba o verso il punto esatto, chiamato Qibla assoluto, tra il mizāb e l'angolo nord.
In quel sogno ho letto tutte le ansie e le paure che mi avevano accompagnato durante la mia infanzia e oltre nell'adolescenza. Finalmente ho avuto la chiave per rivelare un mondo intero sommerso nella mia anima e che, emergenti, aveva spiegato il mio cammino e la mia testardaggine per andare a quel paese.
" Allora il destino esiste!" Ho pensato o almeno molte vite passate che influenzano le nostre azioni presenti e future."...


Commenti

Post più popolari